Saco Main Street's
2016 Board of Directors:
Executive Director: Robert Biggs (Saco resident)
President: Bette Brunswick (Bette's Bridal Stylings)
Vice President: Dayle Pennell (Journal Tribune)
Treasurer: Tom Roughan (Saco resident)
Secretary: Bill Stanton (Atlantic Heights)
Justin Chenette (State Representative)
Chris Denton (TD Bank)
Brian Doyle (Maine Dept. of Economic & Community Development)
Patricia Erikson (Thornton Academy)
Cheryl Fournier (City of Saco, Finance Director)
Richard Hodgdon (Retired community member)
Irene Lim (Fernleaf Bakery)
Bill Mann (City of Saco, Economic Development Director)
Stefa Normantas (Green Tree Events)
Peg Poulin (State Farm Insurance)
Peter Scontras (Saco resident, retired teacher, co-owner of historic Way Way store
Scott Thibeau (HOB representative, Saco resident)
Director Emeritus: Mark Johnston (Vic & Whit's)
* Interested in joining any of the committees?
Fill up the from below and will contact you promptly with more information
- Develops guidelines that maintain and enhance the architectural heritage of the area while encouraging smart use.
- Hosts educational platforms that teach citizens and business owners effective design techniques and provides assistance in planning and implementation.
- Plans for the beautification and encouragement of the use of public spaces.
Business Vitality Committee
- Researches and assesses of the best practices for downtown Saco's successful future.
- Maintains an inventory of property and actively seeks to improve those available for future uses.
- Provides training and other supportive services to existing and potential businesses.
- Plans the Open House meetings.
- Manages volunteer development.
- Develops the annual fund-raising plan.
PR+ Marketing Committee
- Works with the downtown residents and businesses to improve the marketing strategies of the downtown district.
- Plans and hosts a variety of special events.
- Maintains public relations through the local media, the newsletter, the website and brochures.
Interested in joining any of the committees?